Myrrh Essential Oil is extracted from the resin of the thorny Myrrh tree, it has a woodsy and smokey scent. You’ve probably heard of Myrrh and Frankincense before for their religious significance, these oils were incredibly valuable throughout history for their medicinal purposes and their use in religious ceremonies.
Myrrh is an incredible essential oil to have in your collection weather you want youthful-looking skin, promote emotional balance, or to cleanse your body. I wanted to share this oil in particular as Easter Sunday approaches, this past month we have been in a situation many of us never imagined we would be in.
Tension and stress levels are high, were are staying healthy at home but we’re missing our friends and families. Diffusing essential oils such as Myrrh can help promote peaceful feelings throughout your home, it can also help uplift your mood and stabilize emotions. While we can’t change our circumstances with oils (obviously, but I’m just making sure you know that, karen) they are so beneficial to my mental health.
My FAVE diffuser blend using this oil is to combine equal parts doTERRA Anchor Blend and Myrrh. Myrrh also blends well with Frankincense, Lavender, Neroli and Sandalwood.
Here’s some more ways to use Myrrh:
- Myrrh is well-known for its cleansing abilities, in particular in the mouth and throat. Incorporate this oil into your oral hygiene routine by adding 1-2 drops into your toothpaste or mouthwash.
- Doesn’t everyone want youthful-looking skin? We’re in day whatever of quarantine and I look like a swamp monster. To help with complexion consider adding myrrh to your daily moisturizer, it can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when used daily.
- Also known as liquid bandaid, myrrh is a must have in our first aid kit. Not only is myrrh soothing to cuts and scrapes but because of its cleansing properties it helps to clean the boo-boo’s right up.
- Cubicles and nails looking rough from all this hand washing? You guessed it, Myrrh can help.
- I have super sensitive and pale (my husband calls me powder as a joke, if you don’t get the movie reference don’t worry your not missing anything) skin. My legs and bikini area can become irritated after shaving, spraying my skin down with the boo boo spray after shaving is amazing. Try it.
Do you have Myrrh essential oil? What’s your fave way to use it? You are using it right, if not what are you waiting for? Same goes if you don’t have any essential oils in your home, we can’t be having that, buy your starter kit and lets chat!
With Love, Amy