Essential oils are everywhere now, you’ve seen them in your local supermarkets or health food stores, heck TJ Maxx even carries them ( I’m not hating on TJ Maxx either, you’ll soon learn just how much I love that store too), anyways not all essential oils are made equally.
When I first started my research into essential oils, I came across SO much conflicting information, my most important questions were:
- How do I know the oils I’m purchasing are actually pure?
- How do I know if I’m using the oils safely and correctly?
- How does this company get their oils?
A company can put ‘pure’ or ‘all natural’ on their products but that doesn’t mean anything, there are currently no oversight into the manufacturing of essential oils to ensure purity so, DoTERRA has changed all that by creating a rigorous testing process.
- Can you pass the test? Once doTERRA’s oils pass their testing they are labeled CPTG- Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade but, doTERRA goes even further by allowing everyone access to the test results from EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE! Say what? Use the ID number on the bottom of your bottle to see the results at www.sourcetoyou.com.
- Ok so, I know my oils are pure but where do they come from? Every oil sold by doTERRA has been sustainably sourced with their Co-Impact sourcing Initiative. The commitment doTERRA has to its farmers, harvesters and distillers makes my heart so happy. DoTERRA sources its oils from over 45 different countries and over half of those are considered developing countries, this initiative allows doTERRA to cut out the middleman to create long term, mutually beneficial partnerships by creating sustainable jobs and offering fair, prompt payments.
- By creating these partnerships doTERRA learned of many ongoing needs in these developing nations and created the nonprofit- doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation. The projects this nonprofit provides includes schools, health clinics, improved infrastructure and clean water systems.
- As one of the top leaders in the essential oil industry doTERRA invests in research and testing. By partnering with research facilities, hospitals and universities doTERRA can remain at the forefront of essential oil science to learn more and more about the benefits of essential oils.
- Yes, doTERRA is a network marketing company. BUT hear me out, during the planning stages of their business the founders wanted a way to provide their customers with education to make using essential oils safe and effective. When I first joined doTERRA 3 years ago I was clueless about using these oils safely for my family but thanks to doTERRA I was able to have a wealth of information I wouldn’t of been able to get if I would have bought them at the grocery store.
I could probably go on all day about why I love doTERRA but, you get my drift, so I wanted to leave you with WHY I even started using essential oils to begin with. Before my own health took a tumble I struggled with my kids issues (One kid had severe environmental and seasonal issues, the other from birth suffered from digestive troubles.) A facebook friend seen a post of mine asking for help, this chick sent me a free sample and stuck through the billion questions I had, what really shook me was the RESULTS, duh!
As we watched our youngests digestive issues get better, our oldest wasn’t experiencing normal seasonal annoyances any longer, we saw our immune systems get stronger and as a mom I had natural solutions for boo boo’s, upset tummies, bug bites, the sniffles, 3am fevers and even bad dreams.
With love, Amy